These policies apply to ALL fitness spaces in Yates Field House. Failure to comply with these policies may result in suspension of membership.
Georgetown University strongly recommends patrons consult a physician before beginning any type of exercise program.
- Users must be 16 years old to access the fitness area. Users under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times while using the fitness area.
- Bags, jackets, and large personal items are not permitted on the fitness floor. It is strongly recommended that all personal items be stored in a day locker. Storing bags next to cardiovascular equipment as well as on the fitness floor causes a significant safety hazard.
- Jeans, jean shorts, cargo shorts, khaki pants, and open toed shoes, are strictly prohibited in the fitness area and may result in membership suspension. All members MUST be dressed in athletic attire to protect themselves and the equipment in fitness spaces.
- Members are responsible for the proper use of equipment. Failure to do so may result in membership suspension.
- To prevent injury, weights should not be dropped or thrown.
- Please do not move equipment from its intended space in the weight rooms.
- Please immediately return all weights, dumbbells and bars to their proper rack.
- Use of weight collars and/or clamps is required in order to prevent user injury.
- Fitness Attendants are available for spotting on any potential difficult lifts.
- Please notify a Fitness Attendant or Facility Manager of any equipment issues or concerns.
- Olympic-Lifting is not permitted in the fitness area. For more information, please contact the Fitness Director.
- All Personal Training is conducted by Nationally Certified Georgetown University Personal Trainers. No exceptions.
- Please wipe down equipment after each use. Gym Wipe stations are available on site.
- During peak times, please limit use of Cardiovascular Equipment to 30 minutes.
- Please refrain from using cell phones in the fitness spaces.