Frequently Asked Questions
All members, guests, and visitors driving to campus MUST park in the Southwest Quadrangle parking garage. From the garage, Yates Field House is a short walk up the hill between McDonough Gym and Cooper Field. Review our Parking Policy for more details about parking on campus.
Students, faculty, and staff who are members must comply with University parking policies; Campus Recreation cannot distribute parking passes to these members.
All full-time Georgetown students pay a mandated Yates fee each semester and are automatically members. Part-time students are not automatically members, but may become Yates members by paying the student fees. All students who have paid the mandated Yates fee for two consecutive semesterly payments, will have summer access at no additional charge.
For more information about student memberships, including fees and number of credit-hours to reach full time status, please visit our Membership Types page.
Memberships at Yates require a one-year commitment and are non-refundable and non-transferable. Memberships canceled prematurely will result in a penalty equal to three (3) months of applicable dues at Yates. To cancel your membership, please visit the Yates front office. Please visit our Memberships page for more information.
To check if your item has been turned in at Yates, please visit the front desk and an attendant will assist you. Valuables (rings, watches, wallets, etc.) that are brought to the Main Office are turned over to the Georgetown University Police Department (202-687-4343) on a bi-weekly basis.
Yates members can reserve any of the four indoor tennis courts, two racquetball courts, and five squash courts using their online account. Every other area open to members is first come, first served. Outside of regularly scheduled programs, members are also free to access the Studio A space when not in use. For more information on how to reserve an available court, please visit our Court Reservations page.
Group Fitness passes are sold through our new, easy-to-use online portal! All Yates members must have a Group Fitness Pass to participate in any Group Fitness class. If you have a Georgetown Net ID, you can log in to your online account with your NetID and password. If you do not have a GU NetID, you will need to create an account. For help, watch this video for steps to create your account. Take a look at our Fitness Passes & Prices page to learn more.
- Log in to your online account with your NetID and password. If you do not have a GU NetID, you will need to create an account. For help, watch this video for steps to create your account.
- Select your desired Personal Training package in the Online Activities. All Personal Training packages can be viewed here.
- Download the Personal Training Fitness Assessment Packet and legibly complete each section in its entirety.
- Once your registration and packet have been completed, please email the Fitness Assessment packet to Director of Fitness & Wellness, Maegen Stoner, at email@example.com.
- When the documents have been received by the Director, she will contact you regarding the start of your Personal Training program here at Yates Field House.
Visit the Personal Training Program page for more information, including pricing and personal trainer bios.
Yates Field House hires more than a hundred student staff members for each academic year for a variety of campus recreation positions. Summer and holiday break opportunities are frequently available for certain positions as well. Please review our list of Employment Opportunities for more information on each position!