Notice: All members, guests, and visitors driving to campus MUST park in the Southwest Quadrangle parking garage. From the garage, Yates Field House is a short walk up the hill between McDonough Gym and Cooper Field.
All parking on campus is controlled by the Office of Transportation Management (OTM). All faculty and staff can apply for parking through OTM. Member vehicle access is limited to the Canal Road entrance and members must park in the Southwest Quadrangle parking garage.
Georgetown University’s Office of Transportation Management (OTM) has updated parking procedures in the Southwest Parking Garage. Specifically, garage entry and exit is now fully automated.
Visitors parking in the Southwest Garage will pay the hourly rate, up to the daily max rate, Monday through Saturday. The daily max is the maximum price that will be charged over a 24-hour period.
Parking is free on Sundays, and rates will resume on Monday. During all other times, visitors will be charged the hourly rate. Rates vary by time of day. Please see the chart below for visitor rates.
Visitor Parking Rates, Monday-Saturday
- Hourly Parking Rate: $5.00
- Daily Parking Rate (before 3 p.m.): $25.00
- Daily Parking (between 3-7 p.m.): $15.00
- Daily Parking (after 7 p.m.): $9.00
- All students after 5 p.m. with GU ID (Monday-Friday only): $5.00
The below members are eligible to receive free parking validation before 9 a.m. and after 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, and all day Saturday.
- Alumni members + spouses and dependents
- Friend of Georgetown members + spouses and dependents
- Corporate members + spouses and dependents
- Short term members + spouses and dependents
- The spouses and dependents of Georgetown University affiliates
Garage Automation Process
- Members will take a parking ticket from the automated machine as they enter the SW parking garage.
- Members can then proceed into Campus Recreation facilities for their activities.
- Members will have their parking ticket validated at the Campus Recreation Front Desk prior to leaving the facility.
- Members will insert the validated ticket into the automated machine, pay for any parking that occurred outside of the allotted hours, and exit the parking garage.
IMPORTANT: Eligible members will only receive free parking with validation before 9:00 a.m. and after 4:00 p.m. during weekdays, and all day Saturdays. There is a 15-minute grace period for members to exit the garage after 9:00 a.m., but members who enter the parking garage before 4:00 p.m
How do Members Secure a Parking Validation Sticker from the Campus Recreation Staff?
- Members who meet the criteria above will need to bring their Yates ID to the Main Office during open office hours.
Current Main Office Hours
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Members will have a sticker placed on their ID that will ensure SW Parking Garage validation moving forward. All members of driving age who qualify for parking will be required to have this parking sticker.
Please note, eligible members who have not received a Campus Recreation validation sticker will not be able to park in the SW Parking Garage for free during the allotted hours until they visit the Main Office to receive their stickers.
- For questions regarding the new parking automation system, as it pertains to Georgetown University, please contact the Office of Transportation Management
Email: email@example.com (new window)
- For questions regarding visiting the Main Office to receive a parking sticker, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The parking lot opposite the Field House (Lot Y) is reserved for handicapped members with a valid parking pass issued by OTM, and deliveries. Vehicles illegally parked will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense. Heavy pedestrian traffic and limited space do not allow OTM to open this lot to Campus Recreation members. Student and Faculty/Staff members must comply with University parking policies, and we cannot distribute parking passes to these members per OTM policy. For questions or further details about parking on campus, contact the Office of Transportation Management at (202) 687-4372.
For members who wish to park