Zoom Group Fitness Guidelines
Fall 2020 virtual Group Fitness classes will be held via Zoom. The below guidelines are provided to ensure an optimal experience for all participants.Participation in any virtual Group Fitness class is only permitted if you registered for the class via IMLeagues. Classes are being offered for free during the Fall 2020 semester.
General Zoom Policies & Etiquette
- While we certainly understand that having your camera on or off for a class is your personal choice, we always enjoy interacting with you! Please participate in whatever way is most convenient and comfortable for you.
- Please ensure your background is non-offensive and non-discriminatory at all times. This includes both virtual backgrounds and wall decor.
- Yelling, inappropriate language, and/or offensive content will not be tolerated.
- Taking over screen sharing is never permitted under any circumstance.
- Please keep the full name you identify with or Georgetown NetID as your Zoom username at all times.
- Only submit professionally relevant questions or comments in the chat box during a class.
- Please ensure you are wearing appropriate apparel/footwear (if applicable) for the type and style of class you are participating in.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before the start of class to get acquainted and hear any important announcements from the instructor.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to participate in Yates Field House Group Fitness classes.
- Be sure to clear an area in which you will be able to safely move around in.
- Work out at an intensity that is comfortable for your fitness level. Classes are not a competition – please work towards your own personal goals.
Failure to adhere to the aforementioned bullet points can result in immediate removal from the class by the instructor, suspension of Group Fitness program participation, or in extreme cases, reporting to the Office of Student Conduct.
5 Minute Policy
Due to safety and virtual logistics reasons, no one will be able to join a fitness class five (5) minutes after the scheduled start time.
Injuries and Modifications
If you have any injuries or need a modification for a move, please use the chat function to privately connect with the instructor as soon as you are admitted into the class and let them know of any restrictions. They will be glad to assist you.
The most up to date class schedule will be posted online on the Group Fitness Schedule page. The Fitness Department reserves the right to cancel any class that has fewer than five (5) participants for three (3) consecutive weeks.
In the event that there are no participants by the time class begins, the instructor will wait ten (10) minutes before canceling the class.