Health & Wellness Guidance
Campus Recreation offers a personalized Health & Wellness guidance program, where
Georgetown students, faculty/staff, and community members are able to meet one-on-one with a
Certified Health & Wellness Expert. During these individual sessions, the expert will complete
dietary and exercise behavior assessments, individualized goal setting, and plan implementation.
For more details, check our pricing and packages and registration forms listed below! For more
registration details, contact Susan Sell-Haynes at email@example.com.
Why should I consider Health & Wellness Guidance?
Experts help you define what’s most valuable to your health, discover and implement new
strategies that will help you reach your health goals, and then offer motivation, accountability,
and support while you create new healthy habits. Experts guide you through change and growth
while you increase your individual ability for self-awareness and capacity for self-care, so you
can move past any barriers and reach a higher level of individual health and wellness.
Do you consider your health an investment? If you are struggling to lose weight, increase your
physical activity, make better nutritional choices, quit unhealthy behaviors, or manage stress or
emotions better, you don’t have to do it alone. A health and wellness expert is the perfect person
to partner with along this journey to help you align your actions with your desired goals!
Meet our Expert
Kelly holds a BS in Kinesiology and a MS in Exercise Science and Health Promotion. She holds certifications in the health and wellness world that lend to empowering individuals on their health journey, ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist, NASM Certified PersonalTrainer & Certified Nutrition Coach, 500hr Registered Yoga Teacher with 140hr in Trauma Sensitive Yoga and a Certified NAFTA Group Fitness Instructor.
Additionally, she teaches health science courses for a small university educating individuals in the field. With over 21 years of experience in the field of health and wellness, Kelly enjoys meeting her clients where they are today to help educate and empower them to move forward with a healthy lifestyle to perform at their best. As a former Division I collegiate athlete, she is passionate about all types of movement, nutrition, and the mind-body connection, helping others achieve their health goals. Further, she believes in being a lifelong learner in the field of health and wellness and is
currently in her second year of yoga therapy school.
What To Expect From Health & Wellness Guidance
- Your initial session includes an overview of your health history, as well as taking an inventory of which wellness priorities are most important to you. You will work one-on-one in a private setting with your Health & Wellness Expert to establish your personal goals and initial action steps to get you started along your path to success.
- Your expert will provide you with resources and practical strategies that relate specifically to your personal goals and action steps, and will give you the encouragement, motivation, and accountability to follow through on these strategies.
- Following your initial session, there will be bi-weekly or monthly check-ins to evaluate your plans, assess progress, and make any changes as necessary.
For more details, visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Topics for Discussion:
- Creating sustainable healthy habits and behaviors
- Healthy, balanced plates
- Meal ideas and meal planning
- Foods to boost immunity
- Fuel for optimal brain function/processing
- Healthy sleep routines
- Incorporating physical movement as part of your daily routine
- Fuel for optimal brain processing/function
- Managing stress in productive ways
- Rest & Relaxation: Guided meditation and deep breathing exercises
- Managing emotions & the power of positive thinking
- Role of Faith/Spirituality
- Power of a supportive community
- Building healthy relationships
- Making healthy financial decisions
- Job/employment satisfaction
- Lifelong learning
- Intellectual stimulation/open-mindedness
Packages & Pricing:
|Initial Assessment Only||$80||$90||$125|
|3 Sessions (Initial Assessment+ 2 Follow-Up Sessions)||$235||$250||$320|
|6 Sessions (Initial Assessment+ 5 Follow-Up Sessions)||$375||$400||$505|
|12 Sessions (Initial Assessment+ 11 Follow-Up Sessions)||$715||$745||$900|
Please Note: An initial assessment is required prior to beginning any additional Health & Wellness Coaching sessions.
Purchase a Package
To purchase a package and schedule an appointment:
- Log in to your online Activenet account with your NetID and password. If you do not have a GU NetID, you will need to create an account. For help, watch this video for steps to create your account.
- Select Health & Wellness Coaching from the Activities section. Choose your desired package option and complete registration and payment as directed.
- Once your payment is rendered in Activenet, the Assistant Director of Fitness & Wellness will send you a Health History Questionnaire to complete via DocuSign.
- When you have completed the DocuSign packet, the Assistant Director will contact you regarding any additional questions and the start of your Health & Wellness Guidance program with Campus Recreation.
- Your Health & Wellness Expert will be in touch within three (3) business days of both your payment in Activenet and admission of your Health History Questionnaire to coordinate your initial assessment.