Health & Wellness Coaching
Yates Field House offers a personalized Health & Wellness Coaching program, where Georgetown students, faculty/staff, and community members are able to meet one-on-one with a Certified Health & Wellness Coach. During these individual sessions, the coach will complete dietary and exercise behavior assessments, individualized goal setting, and plan implementation.
Why should I consider Health & Wellness Coaching?
Coaches help you define what’s most valuable to your health, discover and implement new strategies to that will help you reach your health goals, and then offer motivation, accountability, and support while you create new healthy habits. Coaches guide you through change and growth while you increase your individual ability for self-awareness and capacity for self-care, so you can move past any barriers and reach a higher level of individual health and wellness.
Do you consider your health an investment? If you are struggling to lose weight, increase your physical activity, making better nutritional choices, quit unhealthy behaviors, or manage stress or emotions better, you don’t have to do it alone. A health and wellness coach is the perfect person to partner with along this journey to help you align your actions with your desired goals!
Meet our Coaches
Elizabeth “Liz” Greenlaw
Liz is a Certified Health Coach and graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, a holistic health coaching school based in NYC. Liz earned her undergraduate degree in business marketing and management from the McIntire School of Business at the University of Virginia, which has given her a unique background and approach to how she communicates with and educates busy students and professionals.
Liz takes a tailored, unique approach with each of her clients in a one-on-one setting to help them reach their full potential and desired nutrition, fitness and wellness goals. She coaches people through healthy lifestyle strategies to empower clients to create the best version of themselves in mind, body and spirit.
Leisha is an ACE-certified health coach. She earned a Ph.D. in Psychology from Bowling Green State University in 2014. Her research focuses on the effects of lifestyle factors, especially physical activity, on determinants for cardiovascular disease.
Leisha’s approach to Health and Wellness Coaching focuses on self-care, especially sleep, recovery time, physical activity, and play. She prioritizes client-driven goals, paying special attention to existing habits and the social and physical environments surrounding them. Leisha acts as a constant advocate for her clients, especially in the face of setbacks.
What To Expect From Health & Wellness Coaching
- Initial session includes an overview of your health history, as well as taking an inventory of which wellness priorities are most important to you. You will work one-on-one in a private setting with your Health & Wellness Coach to establish your personal goals and initial action steps to get you started along your path to success.
- Your coach will provide you with resources and practical strategies that relate specifically to your personal goals and action steps, and will give you the encouragement, motivation, and accountability to follow through on these strategies.
- Following your initial session, there will be bi-weekly or monthly check-ins to evaluate your plans, assess progress, and make any changes as necessary.
For more details, visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Topics for Discussion:
- Creating sustainable healthy habits and behaviors
- Healthy, balanced plates
- Meal ideas and meal planning
- Foods to boost immunity
- Fuel for optimal brain function/processing
- Healthy sleep routines
- Incorporating physical movement as part of your daily routine
- Fuel for optimal brain processing/function
- Managing stress in productive ways
- Rest & Relaxation: Guided meditation and deep breathing exercises
- Managing emotions & the power of positive thinking
- Role of Faith/Spirituality
- Power of a supportive community
- Building healthy relationships
- Making healthy financial decisions
- Job/employment satisfaction
- Lifelong learning
- Intellectual stimulation/open-mindedness
Packages & Pricing:
|Initial Assessment Only||$80||$90||$125|
|3 Sessions (Initial Assessment+ 2 Follow-Up Sessions)||$235||$250||$320|
|6 Sessions (Initial Assessment+ 5 Follow-Up Sessions)||$375||$400||$505|
|12 Sessions (Initial Assessment+ 11 Follow-Up Sessions)||$715||$745||$900|
Please Note: An initial assessment is required prior to beginning any additional Health & Wellness Coaching sessions.
Purchase a Package
To purchase a package and schedule an appointment:
- Log in to your online Activenet account with your NetID and password. If you do not have a GU NetID, you will need to create an account. For help, watch this video for steps to create your account.
- Select Health & Wellness Coaching from the Activities section. Choose your desired package option and complete registration and payment as directed.
- Once your payment is rendered in Activenet, the Director of Fitness & Wellness will send you a Health History Questionnaire to complete via DocuSign.
- When you have completed the DocuSign packet, the Director will contact you regarding any additional questions and the start of your Health & Wellness Coaching program at Yates Field House.
- Your Health & Wellness Coach will be in touch within three (3) business days of both your payment in Activenet and admission of your Health History Questionnaire to coordinate your initial assessment.
- Please note that appointments will be made on one of the following;
- Mondays: 1pm-6pm
- Tuesdays: 9am-2pm
- Wednesdays: 1pm-6pm
- Thursdays: 9am-2pm