Personal Training Policies
Campus Recreation personal training may only be provided by Certified Personal Trainers employed by Campus Recreation. Anyone who is not employed by Campus Recreation as a Personal Trainer and is found or suspected of providing outside personal training services may be approached by Campus Rec staff and questioned regarding their activities. The following or any similar behaviors may elicit such questioning:
- Assisting a participant with technique and/or cuing any specific instruction.
- Writing and/or designing a fitness or workout program for a participant.
- Explaining and providing exercise directions to a participant or group of participants.
- Directing exercise order or exercise duration for a participant.
- Meeting with the same participant on a frequent basis or multiple participants on the same day.
- Getting and returning weights or equipment for a participant.
- Directing a participant around the room and telling them what exercise(s) to perform next.
- Receiving payment from another individual for an exercise session.
Campus Recreation Staff members reserve the right to interpret and enforce policies as deemed appropriate. If a staff member concludes that this policy has been violated, both the trainer and patron may be asked to leave the facility. Repeated violations of this policy may result in suspension or permanent loss of Campus Recreation privileges and membership.