Campus Recreation at Yates Field House COVID-19 Update
Given Georgetown University’s decision to move to online instruction, Campus Recreation in partnership with the university and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has been closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) health regulations.
First and foremost, our hearts go out to those around the world impacted by the virus. During this time we would like to reiterate that the health and wellbeing of our students, members, and employees is of paramount importance. While information from the CDC continues to evolve, Campus Recreation is committed to providing a clean, safe, and fun environment to recreate.
Revised Hours and Activities
Campus Recreation will adopt a modified schedule to uphold health and safety standards.
Through Sunday, March 15, 2020, Campus Recreation will follow the below modified Spring Break schedule. View all hours here.
Thursday, March 12 – Friday, March 13
MAIN FLOOR: 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
POOL: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
MEMBERSHIP OFFICE: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 14 – Sunday, March 15
MAIN FLOOR: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
POOL: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
MEMBERSHIP OFFICE: Closed
Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 through Friday, March 20, 2020, the below revised modified schedule will go into effect.
Monday, March 16 – Friday, March 20
MAIN FLOOR: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
POOL: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. | 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. | 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
MEMBERSHIP OFFICE: Closed
The Membership Office will be closed until further notice beginning at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 13, 2020. Members with questions related to memberships should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some activities will be modified based on health and safety guidance from DC Health and the CDC, such as the temporary elimination of high contact activities and sports.
Programs suspended until further notice:
- Group Fitness Classes
- Pickup/Group Basketball Games
- Group Swim Lessons
- Group Racquet Sport Lessons
- New clients for Private/Semi-Private Swim Lessons
- New clients for Private/Semi-Private Racquet Sports Lessons
- Intramural Sports Events
- Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED and Lifeguard Certifications
Updated information will be posted on our website and social media (Facebook | Instagram | Twitter), as well as communicated to members via email. Please continue to monitor the Campus Recreation website for any updated virus information and/or operation status changes.
Our Preventive Efforts
In addition to our existing standard cleaning procedures and to ensure the safety and cleanliness of our facility, Campus Recreation has increased custodial cleaning efforts to add two additional staff members throughout the day to continuously sanitize high-touch surfaces, restrooms, locker rooms, door handles, railings, etc.
- To reduce the spreading of germs, members will now show their ID card to Front Desk staff and then self swipe their cards to enter the facility. We kindly ask that you wait until the Front Desk staff confirm you have been swiped in before continuing on into the facility.
- A hospital-grade cleaning product will be used in each of these areas. In addition, Campus Recreation staff will also increase cleaning rotations to diligently wipe down fitness equipment.
- Campus Recreation provides an EPA-registered disinfectant product on and around the fitness floor. We continue to ask that all patrons share in our safety efforts and wipe down all fitness equipment before and after use.
- Additional steps have been taken to implement daily carpet cleaning in the locker room spaces.
- Paper towel dispensers were added to restrooms throughout the facility.
- Additional alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations were increased throughout the facility and positioned at the entrance to our facility to encourage members to use the product, per CDC recommendations.
- There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Campus Recreation ensures the proper operation, maintenance, and double sanitization (e.g., with chlorine and an ultraviolet system) of our pool. For more information, please review the official CDC statement. Additionally, you can view our pool guidelines here.
- As part of a larger campus community, we ask all of our patrons to follow proper hygiene and sanitization protocols to prevent the spread of illness. Please review the precautions and tips for preventing COVID-19. The CDC recommended steps you can take to protect yourselves and the spread of germs:
- Regular hand washing with soap (for at least 20 seconds) or alcohol-based solution (at least 60% alcohol).
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue or elbow (not your hand) and promptly disposing of the tissue.
- Avoid touching of eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Limiting contact with people who are sick and staying home if you are sick.
We thank you sincerely for your support and patience during this time as we work to ensure an environment that continues to be healthy and safe.
The Yates Field House Team