Group Fitness classes are held in either Studio A (Level 4) or Studio B (Level 3). The below guidelines are provided to ensure an optimal experience for all participants.
General Studio Policies
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the start of class to get checked in and obtain any equipment.
- Spinning class sign-up occurs at the Front Desk up to 30 minutes before class. Participants may only sign themselves up and must be present in Studio B at the start of class in order to redeem their spot.
- Only approved groups are permitted to utilize Group Fitness Studio A and B.
- Audio equipment is for instructor use only.
- Fitness equipment is for its intended purpose and must remain in the studio.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to attend Group Fitness classes.
- Small bags may be kept in the studio around the walls not to interfere with the workout space. Securing personal items in lockers is strongly encouraged. Yates Field House is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Work out at an intensity that is comfortable for your fitness level. Classes are not a competition – please work towards your own personal goals.
- The instructor reserves the right to ask a participant to leave if these policies are not followed.
A Group Fitness pass is required for entry into all classes. No exceptions. For safety considerations, classes will be limited based on space and the availability of equipment. Bring plenty of water to each class. Other beverages and food are not permitted.
10 Minute Policy
Due to safety reasons as well as ensuring all participants have an uninterrupted experience, no one will be able to join a fitness class 10 minutes after the scheduled start time.
Cell Phone Policy
For your safety, please refrain from talking or texting on your phone once class begins as well as ensuring that your phone is on silent.
Injuries and Modifications
If you have any injuries or need a modification for a move, please talk to your instructor before class begins and let them know of any restrictions. They will be glad to assist you.
Proper footwear is required during fitness classes. This includes closed toe, closed heel athletic shoes. 5 finger shoes, boots, or sandals are not permitted. The only exception will be for mind/body classes such as Yoga and Pilates.
The most up to date class schedule will be posted online on the Group Fitness Schedule page. The Fitness Department reserves the right to cancel any class that has fewer than five (5) participants for three (3) consecutive weeks.
In the event that there are no participants by the time class begins, the instructor will wait 10-minutes before cancelling the class.
Special Events and Announcements
Please ask your instructor about any special events or announcements before or after class. You can also check out our website homepage to stay up to date with all Yates events.