Notice: All members, guests, and visitors driving to campus MUST park in the Southwest Quadrangle parking garage. From the garage, Yates Field House is a short walk up the hill between McDonough Gym and Harbin Field.
All parking on campus is controlled by the Office of Transportation Management (OTM). All faculty and staff can apply for parking through OTM. Member vehicle access is limited to the Canal Road entrance and members must park in the Southwest Quadrangle parking garage.
Parking Update – September 12, 2019
Georgetown University’s Office of Transportation Management (OTM) has updated parking procedures in the Southwest Parking Garage. Specifically, garage entry and exit will become fully automated.
Who Does it Affect?
- Alumni members + spouses and dependents
- Friend of Georgetown members + spouses and dependents
- Corporate members + spouses and dependents
- Short term members + spouses and dependents
- The spouses and dependents of Georgetown University affiliates
What Does Garage Automation Mean?
The implementation of an automated garage system replaces the colored Yates Field House parking passes members previously placed on their dashboard. The 2018-2019 pass was orange.
What Does the New Garage Automation Process Look Like for Members?
- Members will take a parking ticket from the automated machine as they enter the SW parking garage.
- Members can then proceed to Yates for their activities.
- Members will have their parking ticket validated at the Yates Front Desk prior to leaving the facility.
- Members will insert the validated ticket into the automated machine, pay for any parking that occurred outside of the allotted hours, and exit the parking garage.
IMPORTANT: Members will only receive free parking before 9:00 a.m. and after 4:00 p.m. during weekdays, and all day during the weekends. There is a 15-minute grace period for members to exit the garage after 9:00 a.m., but members who enter the parking garage before 4:00 p.m
How do Members Secure a Parking Validation Sticker from the Yates Staff?
- Members who meet the criteria above will need to bring their Yates ID to the Main Office during open office hours.
Current Main Office Hours
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Members will have a sticker placed on their ID that will ensure SW Parking Garage validation moving forward. All members of driving age who qualify for parking will be required to have this parking sticker.
Please note, after the garage automation is complete, members who have not received a Yates validation sticker will not be able to park in the SW Parking Garage for free during the allotted hours until they visit the Main Office to receive their stickers.
- For questions regarding the new parking automation system, as it pertains to Georgetown University, please contact the Office of Transportation Management
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (new window)
- For questions regarding visiting the Main Office to receive a parking sticker, please email email@example.com.
The parking lot opposite the Field House (Lot Y) is reserved for handicapped members with a valid parking pass issued by OTM, and deliveries. Vehicles illegally parked will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense. Heavy pedestrian traffic and limited space do not allow OTM to open this lot to Yates members. Student and Faculty/Staff members must comply with University parking policies, and we cannot distribute parking passes to these members per OTM policy. For questions or further details about parking on campus, contact the Office of Transportation Management at (202) 687-4372.
For members who wish to park