Registration Now Online
Change for 2014
- Payment of camp fees can ONLY be made through the Main Office at the Yates Field House. We will NOT have an online payment system for the 2014 Day Camp. We will have a new online system available for future camps.
$280/week for Yates members; $380/week for non-members
Note: These rates do NOT include the optional $50 after-care fee
- Full refunds are allowed for cancellations requested 72 hours before the session in question.
- For refunds requested after the 72 period or once the session begins, a $50 cancellation fee will be assessed from the refunded amount.
- There are NO partial refunds for unused days in a session.
- Refunds on cash & check payments may take up to 10 days to process.
June 23 to 27 - Session One
June 30 to July 3 (no camp on July 4) - Session Two
July 7 to 11 - Session Three
July 14 to 18 - Session Four
July 21 to 25 - Session Five
July 28 to Aug 1 - Session Six
Protection of Minors Policy:
Georgetown University has a Protection of Minors Policy to protect those under 18 years of age who participate in programs and activities associated with the University and to provide guidance and requirements that apply to University students, faculty and staff who are involved with such programs and activities. The policy also includes requirements for non-University organizations that operate programs or activities involving minors on campus. Additional information about the policy may be found at www.protectionofminors.georgetown.edu.
Additional Camp Details:
- Optional After-Care is available for an additional $50 per week. Camp ends at 4:00 PM each day. If a camper cannot be picked up at 4:00 PM, After-Care provides additional supervision until 4:30 PM each day. After 4:30 PM, our Late Pick-Up Policy is in effect - the late pick-up charge is $1 per minute for every minute past 4:30, payable in cash only directly to the After-Care counselor.
- English Language Proficiency: For reasons of safety and security, all children enrolled in the Summer Day Camp MUST speak and understand English. For specific questions about this policy, contact the Yates Main Office at (202) 687-2400.
- Medical Forms: Parents are advised that they MUST BRING WITH THEM TO THE FIRST DAY OF CAMP completed and signed MEDICAL RELEASE, and HEALTH FORM. These forms will be available online when registration is open.
- For specific questions or concerns regarding health issues, allergies, swimming proficiency, or any other requests or pertinent child information, e-mail email@example.com before completing the online registration.
- The Day Camp is a comprehensive day-long activity camp centered at the Yates Field House, Kehoe Field, and McCarthy Pool. The camp is for boys and girls, ages 6 to 10.
- On a typical day, children are checked-in shortly before 9:00 AM and picked-up at 4:00 PM. Morning activities typically include team-based games (outdoors and indoors) and creative projects. Children go swimming for 30-45 minutes before lunch-time at the Georgetown Dining Hall. After lunch, there is usually an indoor free-time period, during which children choose from our inventory of board games, toys, arts & crafts and sport equipment. Afternoons also include activities like Bingo (with prizes!), chalk drawings, and talent shows.
- Children are under the supervision of 4-5 counselors and the camp director. Counselors have been hired based on previous child-care and summer camp experience and undergo background checks through Georgetown Human Resources. On a typical week, the camper to counselor ration is about 7 to 1.